Career and Leadership Course
The course is organized by the Helmholtz Association in collaboration with trainers from Imperial College London, University of Surrey, and Helmholtz tutors. The aim of this course is to provide postgraduate research students with an opportunity to build their understanding, skills, and confidence in the key areas of career planning, career development, and the development of their leadership style. By the end of the course participants should:
- Have a clear understanding of the key elements of leadership.
- Feel empowered to be authentic in their leadership style.
- Have experienced a range of leadership styles through working with colleagues.
- Understand career planning and how to take ownership of the process.
- Have an understanding of the skills and competencies organisations require.
- Feel equipped to participate in selection processes.