Research Skills Development Course
The course is organized by the Helmholtz Association in collaboration with trainers from Imperial College London, University of Surrey, and Helmholtz tutors. The course is designed to address a number of development areas, such as personal effectiveness, team working, networking and communication skills. This will be achieved through:
- A safe, yet challenging course environment that will encourage participants to explore and identify the key elements of team working, networking, effective communication, planning, and project management.
- A balanced and structured programme of exercises and review sessions that will provide a variety of learning situations allowing participants to identify and take away relevant lessons.
- A range of group situations, where participants will be encouraged to share feedback with their peers on their overall effectiveness.
- A learning journal and course notebook, which will be offered to aid the learning process of participants in their own working environment.
- Encouragement to create an ongoing level of support from their learning groups that will enable continuing networking, coaching, and further group interactions.